RF Skin Needling/Microneedling
PRICES PER TREATMENT
1 Session (Face) - $480
3x Sessions - $1250
5x Sessions - $2000
10x Sessions - $3800
WHAT TREATMENT IS THIS?
RF Needling, short for Radiofrequency Needling, is a major advancement on skin needling/microneedling. Like skin needling/microneedling, it treats ageing and textural concerns, but it can treat deeper scarring, some skin sagging and more stubborn textural concerns because it can safely reach deeper layers of the skin.
RF needling creates tiny punctures into the deeper layers of the skin that create a wound response in the tissue and as part of that healing response your skin cells and collagen fibres regenerate themselves. By rebuilding collagen we are going to help make your acne scars less visible and shrink your pores. It uses a gentle stamping technique which further reduces any risks of microtears and gives greater accuracy. The needles can also be adjusted to a greater range of depths for areas with thinner skin (such as the forehead) and areas with thicker skin (like the cheeks).
Another advancement with RF Needling is the addition of radiofrequency energy. The radiofrequency energy creates controlled heat in the deeper tissues of the skin to give your collagen an additional boost and increase the healing response created by the micro needles. Radiofrequency is often used on its own for skin-tightening treatments, sometimes known as non-surgical facelifts.
Essentially, micro-needling treats the surface layer of the skin for fine lines and mild scarring but in our clinic, RF needling has become more favourable because it treats both the surface and the deeper layers of the skin for deeper acne scarring, pores, stubborn textural concerns, ageing, and to promote collagen in the foundations of the skin for youthful strength, elasticity and lift.
- Smooth fine lines and soften wrinkles.
- Reduce blemishes and crease.
- Restore radiance and skin glow.
- Hydrated and Plumpness
- Fades the appearance of dark spots and acne scars
- Fades pigmentation issues
- Stretch Marks
- Smaller pores
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
Our recommended treatment frequency is every 4-6 weeks. You can start to see a difference in your skin at 1 week but full results will not be seen until 8-12 weeks post procedure.
Immediately after treatment, the skin will appear flushed and there will be warmth in the treated area, however this will settle within 4-6 hours.A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment is expected. Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched (even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
HOW COMFORTABLE IS THIS TREATMENT?
During the procedure, you will feel heat and pressure on the treatment area. The discomfort associated with RF microneedling may be more than traditional microneedling, but it is well-tolerated by most. We'll work with you to maximise your comfort. You will be numbed during the treatment.
Erythema (redness of skin): It will gradually fade during the first few days.
Inflammation (swelling): Can last up to 24 hours.
- Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched (even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
This treatment cannot be done when pregnant, or if you have an electronic implant (Insulin pump, pacemaker, LVAD, etc)
- This treatment may activate any cold sores or fever blisters.
- The patient must quit taking Accutane for 6 months prior to having a RF micro-needing treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your RF treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A for one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin for 1 week prior to scheduled procedure.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to the treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area to make the treatment more comfortable.
- Avoid sun-tanning, spray-tanning, tanning injections and sun-beds for 4 to 6 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid botox or fillers for at least 2 to 3 weeks before your treatment.
- Avoid any other type of procedures for 3 month on the same area which you intend to have treated with this treatment , such as laser therapy or chemical peels as this may prevent your treatment being performed.
- Use SPF-30 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned.
- You may even wish to consider a Pre-Treatment product using a Tyrosinase Inhibitor as this can help prevent overproduction of pigment in the skin. Tyrosinase Inhibitors are not just useful for those who suffer from hyperpigmentation but for anyone, even those with healthy, even skin.
Discontinue any use of topical Retin-A products a minimum of 7 days prior to treatment.
POST TREATMENT AFTER CARE
A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment is expected.
During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
Resume normal products once flaking/dryness has subsided or after 5-7 days.
• The RF delivers heat deep in the skin which can result in a purge or breakout post treatment. This is normal and breakouts should resolve within 1-2 weeks. If the breakouts are more than a few, please reach out to us so we can evaluate if a prescription should be used to help during the purging process.
Do not use Retin-A, Retinols, Tretinoin, for 7 days post procedure. If you are a Fitzpatrick V or VI( darker skin tone), please start your Hydroquinone after 48 hours.
It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment
You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Clients may apply an icepack (NOT direct ice) to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15- minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
Redness for 1-3 days is common. After 12-hours post procedure, the client may apply a hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce redness.
Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after the treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.
- Clients with Pacemakers
- Clients on immunosuppressants
- Clients on blood thinning medication
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Children under the age of 18 without parental consent
- Current significant skin disease/infections such as cold sores at the site of treatment
- History of keloid scarring